The Bean Tighe (pronounced ban tig) is a helpful spirit that is likely one of the inspirations for the "fairy godmother" type donor/patron from faerie and folk tales. She is the one who makes it possible for others to achieve their potential ... whether it be helping with the maintenance of one's home, one's finances, or the ability to make one's dreams come true.


Saturday, September 3, 2011

The Germ of a Notion ...

Ok so ... I have this idea, right?

In a little while, I'm going to be in a position to do a little good in my community on a one on one basis. And I will, regardless of whether any of the ideas rattling about in my skull ever come about. I'll make my difference in helping those I can ... those who will let me, anyway.
^_~

However!
I'm trying to figure out how to create something special ...

The biggest difficulty I can foresee has more to do with today's society and how very rare it would appear to be for altruistic behaviour and philanthropy to be truly exercised now. Especially in the current economic environment where it seems to be so very unusual for an individual to care enough for their fellow to offer help without debilitating strings, ulterior motives, or catches being involved.

The most common immediate response to an offer of help is a refusal. And why should that be surprising? Who would be so naive as to imagine that someone would care enough about you as to wish to help just for the sake of helping. And none of us, due to our pride, ever really want to feel indebted to another.

The biggest danger I can foresee at this point would be my inexperience with such matters and the fact that I am an inherently naive person and poor judge of character. It would be very easy for me to attempt to help someone get ahead only to end up getting used. Have that happen too often, and I'd either end up in a position where I cannot help anyone anymore or I'd be so hurt by the greedy actions of unscrupulous persons as to not want to risk it any more. I do have a responsibility to ensure that I have an inheritance to pass down to my sons and my granddaughter.

No point in trying to create an organised anything until I can see, by trial and error, whether I can successfully help someone and see them, in turn, pay the gift forward to lend a hand to someone else.

Is there?


No comments:

Post a Comment