The Bean Tighe (pronounced ban tig) is a helpful spirit that is likely one of the inspirations for the "fairy godmother" type donor/patron from faerie and folk tales. She is the one who makes it possible for others to achieve their potential ... whether it be helping with the maintenance of one's home, one's finances, or the ability to make one's dreams come true.


Monday, September 5, 2011

Meandering Journeys ...


In my spiritual practices, I view my Lady Brìd as my current primary Patron, with the Ladies Medb and Airmid in attendance.

It is not exactly a triune in the neo-traditional manner of the maiden/mother/crone ... more a reflection of the manner that my spiritual development progressed, via the healing arts, from generic pagan/Wiccan    --> to my first "real" deific Patron, Quan Yin, at my first Reiki Attunement in 2000 and my 4 years of learning under her gentle guidance --> to the dream that gave me to know that someone new was on the horizon and that benevolent Quan Yin* was preparing to hand me over to the much coarser and more direct influence of Medb of Connaught in 2004 -->to the gradual fade of Medb's energies into the background in 2008 (diminished but hardly gone and ever ready to swing her Targe at my skull should I be failing to do something I should) when I became a FlameKeeper for the Ord Brighideach International and Brìd's strong and tempered influence came to the fore with the knowledge that there was yet one more Lady, yet to come to complete my personal Triad.

Airmid, the herbalist of the Tuatha de Dannan, has been on the periphery of my spiritual journey for a very long time now ... having made herself known at the same time as Lady Medb but remaining in the background, presumably allowing me the time to grow into the right moment where I would best be able to appreciate her lessons. I believe this because, from the point my Mother crossed the veil last year, her energy has begun growin in strength. Like a star in the evening, Airmid is ascendant on the horizon of my life and soon will be a more active part of my spiritual development.

No comments:

Post a Comment