The Bean Tighe (pronounced ban tig) is a helpful spirit that is likely one of the inspirations for the "fairy godmother" type donor/patron from faerie and folk tales. She is the one who makes it possible for others to achieve their potential ... whether it be helping with the maintenance of one's home, one's finances, or the ability to make one's dreams come true.


Wednesday, September 7, 2011

You don't always get what you want ...

I'm still somewhat stunned at the sequence of events that has transpired over the course of the last 24 hours ... and I keep ½ expecting to either wake up, or have the other shoe drop.

Just two days ago, I wrote about my perception of my relationship with my three Ladies ... in particular the sense I have of the ascendance of Airmid's energy in my life and how I felt that I would soon be experiencing more of her influence and direction in my life.

I've been quite enjoying the sense of connectedness I have been experiencing while working on my crafting the last few days. Whether I am making jump rings or working on a weave, I have made a point to invite my Ladies before I begin and have my Kildare Flame burning while I work. It has added a dimension to the work that I have not experienced before in this manner. I am not unfamiliar with the feeling from my work as a massage therapist in Calgary, or from those times when I am inspired to write. I have not felt it in a pastime situation before and, I found, it caused me to be more meditative while working the metal wire.

Last night, as I worked on preparing the jump rings for the dice bag that Sheri wants to give her husband for yuletide, I began turning thoughts concerning my future over in my head. It's nothing that I haven't done for months now, ever since returning to the Lower Mainland. What was different this time was that, by virtue that I needed to focus a fair bit of my attention on the task of coiling and cutting the wire for the rings, I didn't necessarily have enough energy to engage in the usually rituals of self-doubt and discouragement. I found myself thinking about what I'd like to do next quite calmly and, even, with a little detachment.

Not too long ago, Dominion Herbal College in Burnaby announced the enrolment for their Winter 2011 course programs. Being that I "liked" their facebook page, I received the announcement via that medium when it was released. I surfed to their website and took a long look at all that they offer, sighed and accepted that "someday ... mabey". The odds of my having the ability, financially, to take the courses this year were slim to nil and I knew it. But, oh how I wished it could have been different.

At one point in my musings last night, as I distractedly turned my options about in my mind, I can clearly remember asking for help ... that awful sinking feeling of growing debt with no apparent means to get out from under it, is not one I would want anyone to experience, and I remember clearly thinking that I wanted out. I needed something to make a change ... to make a change, I needed help.

Later that night, seemingly by coincidence, DHC announced that they were extending their enrolment window to the end of the month ... September 30th to be exact. Once again, just before I laid myself down to sleep, I sighed with the "oh, wouldn't it be nice if ..." thought running through my mind.

This morning, I awakened to a text message on my phone ... that message has changed the whole ballpark. While I am not, yet, at liberty to go into detail about it ... it has the potential to relieve much of my financial burden and, if the timing work out just right, give me the opportunity to apply to DHC in time for their new deadline.

There are no coincidences in a Gael's life ...

No comments:

Post a Comment