The Bean Tighe (pronounced ban tig) is a helpful spirit that is likely one of the inspirations for the "fairy godmother" type donor/patron from faerie and folk tales. She is the one who makes it possible for others to achieve their potential ... whether it be helping with the maintenance of one's home, one's finances, or the ability to make one's dreams come true.


Sunday, January 22, 2012

PBP: 3.1.b - Vanquishing the Clutter Monster ...

Work Space - mid-way

I actually found today interesting ... how powerful the drive to accomplish something can actually be when one has fully committed to it. I had a beastly night .. a lot of pain and no sleep till around 5:40am. As a result, I did not get up this morning feeling in any way like I wanted to get cleaning. I decided I could afford to put off the work I needed to do until later in the day and sat myself down to try to catch up with some of my project reading. Well, the longer I sat there, the less I could focus on what I was trying to read and the more and more my eyes and mind were drawn to the cluttered areas and to the twin set of plastic drawers I was planning to use to tame the mess.

Hecate checking out the rather plain but functional pair of
plastic drawers I picked up yesterday.

I will be honest in that I really didn't know where to start ... although contained in a small space, I had managed to accumulate a daunting amount of stuff. The more I tried to talk myself into putting it off, the more distracted I became. I tried, I really did try to procrastinate ... but, apparently, my higher self took my promise to get it done far more seriously than my exhausted conscious self was trying to. Finally, I gave up trying to argue with my rising sense of distraction and got to it.

Once I actually got into the work ... which began by clearing everything out of the afflicted areas and cleaning the space physically and magickally (a good scrub, a sweep through, a dusting, an eyebright spritz and a thorough smudging) ... I started to realize just how much stuff the clutter monster had bequeathed me with.


Slowly, as it took over 4 hours from start to finish, the transformation took place ...

Cleared and clean ^_^

I can actually SEE the mirror at the
back of the cabinet!

Getting the drawers in place ... Mum's
ceramic dog is a bit crowded, but he's
not complaining.

Getting the "stuff" put away in the
drawers ... So. Much. Stuff. O.O

The cleanup is complete.

Doesn't Llaele look comfortable?
Dang, I wish I could sprawl that well.
And, so, the Beast is dead and I stand (or sit, if I'm being honest) exhausted and sore but victorious.

I am on track for the last phase of this part of the process ... 

Saturday - acknowledge, recognize, plan and prepare. Gather materials needed. [ x ]
Sunday - clean (physically), cleanse (spiritually), purify (area and self), sort, discard (physically and mentally). [ x ]
Monday - organize, set up, dedicate, energize [   ]

A closeup of the Llaele-cat from the last photo.

No comments:

Post a Comment