The Bean Tighe (pronounced ban tig) is a helpful spirit that is likely one of the inspirations for the "fairy godmother" type donor/patron from faerie and folk tales. She is the one who makes it possible for others to achieve their potential ... whether it be helping with the maintenance of one's home, one's finances, or the ability to make one's dreams come true.


Saturday, April 14, 2012

PBP: Week 15 - Where House is Home

A little something different this week ... a prayer from the depths of my heart to the ears of the gods.

All my life, I have been a home/land owner ... I grew up in the house my parents owned and have owned my own since I was 18 years old. All my life, that is until now ... having sold my acreage back in November, I am homeless for the first time ever. Even though the acreage had been tenanted while I rented in the city, the fact that it was there and it was mine was enough to calm my need for a home and allow me to focus on all the things I needed to get done that couldn't be achieved from a remote location.

Because of certain legalities of inheritance, my ability to purchase a new home is held hostage to the greed of my younger sibling who has been holding up the processing of my mother's will for over 1&1/2 years at this point. Every time we (family and the estate executor) think that things with her have been sorted out to the point where we've all reached an agreement and the process can finally move forward, she returns to refute her verbal agreement with yet more demands. It has gotten to the point where even the lawyer who is executor is losing his patience with her and has moved from reminding us all that "she has the right to make her concerns known" to

In the meantime, my dream home has made itself known .... it's a perfect sized house on a perfect sized lot in the ideal community for me to have a future as an herbalist/apothecary. It needs a metric ton's worth of work to it inside and out, but that doesn't scare me as the potential of the house and the location would make the extensive renovations worth the time and money (particularly as I'm looking at this to be the home I live in until I'm well into my late senior years).


I acknowledge and accept that, if this is the home that is meant to be mine, it will be so ... but I also admit that, in my weakness as a mortal human, I currently live in horror of watching it sell before I have an opportunity to even make an offer. Therefore, it is time to place the matter in the hands of those who can and trust that all will sort itself out as they see fit.


For a hearth, a house, and a home,
This child of Gael raises heart in hope.
That the Son of Lir will permit her prayer
To carry far across the waves and Aether.

To be borne upon the winds to the gods of old
And where the spirits of my ancestors do hold.
Though Land and Sea divide me from Eire,
I do pray that they might hear me.

I ask only for what is fair,
For energies to move throughout the Aer.
To bring, for all involved, resolution,
Naught more than a just solution.

2 comments:

  1. My heart goes out to you. May all come to pass so everyone can move on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will ask my Lady if there is anything we can do.

    ReplyDelete