The Bean Tighe (pronounced ban tig) is a helpful spirit that is likely one of the inspirations for the "fairy godmother" type donor/patron from faerie and folk tales. She is the one who makes it possible for others to achieve their potential ... whether it be helping with the maintenance of one's home, one's finances, or the ability to make one's dreams come true.


Saturday, December 31, 2016

Brushing off the dust ..

High time for a re-dedication ...

I have from now until sundown on the 7th of January to create the schematics for a more successful personal and spiritual 2017.

It's going to begin with my FlameKeeper practice ... a re-dedication to maintaining Brid's flame but taking it further into a devotional practice than the casual lighting of a candle at sundown every twentieth day.

To that end ... I have moved myself from the 3rd shift, Mulberry cill at Ord Brighideach laterally to the 3rd shift, Rose cill (incidentally filling the only vacancy available in the cill I'd originally wanted to join but couldn't as there hadn't been an opening at that time ... so it's one of those 'meant to be' things). 




I intend to actually hold vigil instead of just making certain that the candle is lit at the right time and then going about my mundane business ... with sacred work (most likely spinning ... unless something else is required such as Crafting for a specific purpose or a specific person) and active prayer basket being done during that time. 

I also wish to create a series of daily and weekly tasks to perform ... with a view to training myself further into consistency and discipline. And that means that I need at least two things to begin with tomorrow ... one that I will be doing on a regular basis daily and one that I will be doing weekly.

The weekly one, I know what to do.

A good many years ago, a dear friend and I agreed to work together to generate one divinatory deck of cards each. We were supposed to agree upon a few common elements for each card and then run with it to create something that uniquely expressed ourselves. But, because we are both very good at letting things get away from us, the project fell by the wayside. The idea of it, however, never left my memory and often returns to me unbidden.

That makes it the perfect project to work with on a weekly basis ... once a week, I will chose a card at random and then spend time each day for the next seven days working on what meanings, interpretations and imagery I want to incorporate into it. I'm a dreadful artist (my stick figures look sickly XD ) but, once I have the full write up for each of the 78 cards, I will then proceed to creating the image for the card face ... I even have an idea for that coming from the perspective of one for whom printed words have more impact that pretty pictures.

78 cards at one per week times two would mean that this project ought to take almost exactly 3 years to go from the beginning implementation in my head to an end product ready for printing. And, just because my OCD tic carries in multiples of 3 being magically charged ... 7+8=15 ... 1+5=6 ... which gives me the remaining numbers to bring the whole thing up to a cosmically charged 9 (but only when you do evil-math my way ... which has nothing to do with actual mathematics ;p )

Wow .. the numbers are right for this one so I guess I really do have to do it :D

The daily practice is a bit tougher for me to figure out ... I have ideas that are bouncing off each other but nothing that is really sticking out as needing to be IT.

I have until I open my eyes tomorrow morning to figure that one out ... let's see what I can come up with, eh?

I need one of those giant calendars that I can write on and reuse, methinks.

1 comment:

  1. Tried to post earlier... Best of Luck, Wishes and Blessing to your new venture!

    ReplyDelete